Monday, May 21, 2012

"you don't know what i got" Visits Manteo, North Carolina

  Manteo, North Carolina.  This was the perfect spot to end my tour.   It was a wonderful beach with  weather to match.  With only my shadow to keep me company, I headed out to explore.  I found great inspiration in the site of the first flight of Wilbur and Orville Wright.  To see that famous airstrip was fascinating and so familiar.   The photograph of the Wright brothers first flight is so engrained on my memory, I felt if I had been there before.

The little town of Manteo was a step into history and the Roanoke Island Festival Park provided a great opportunity to screen my film.  We showed to a small but interested crowd that asked great questions.

It was a perfect ending to a wonderful day and tour!

No comments: